Back to jobs listings
iOS Engineer - Remote
Software Engineering - Paris - Full-time
We believe in a world where all cars are shared. Carsharing empowers people to get going in a smarter, easier way, while also having a positive impact on the environment and making cities more liveable. It’s this vision that propels us forward and inspires us to think even bigger.
Since April 2019, Drivy is part of Getaround. Together, we’re the world's leading carsharing platform with a community of more than 5 million users sharing over 11,000 connected cars across 7 countries.
Our team is collaborative, positive, curious, and engaged. We think fast, laugh often, and are looking for like-minded people to join us in our mission to disrupt car ownership and make cities better.
How we work
We work closely together in squads on the full lifecycle of a feature. That helps us scale and ensure everyone has an impact across team boundaries, so solid communication and imagination are a daily part of the development process.
What you will bring to the team
You are not only well versed in iOS development, but also have a strong understanding of what makes a good UX. You have worked with all the components of an iOS app, from client-server communication to UI. What motivates you the most is to have a direct impact on users, you are details-oriented and strive on building great software.
Getaround handles thousands of rentals a day and making a non-virtual experience frictionless is a big challenge. For that, we're looking for rigorous people with a strong product mindset who cherish creating highly reliable software in a collaborative and inclusive environment.
You will work on
- Work closely with our product and design teams to deliver a great user experience and pixel-perfect interfaces
- Work on great features that make car rental easy and frictionless
- Keep our UI smooth
- Improve our delivery process with tests, continuous integration, automated screenshots
- Keep our tech stack state of the art: we always evaluate what is best for our needs
- Always find ways to make our app more flexible and reliable
- You will use and contribute to our in-house design system
What skills we are looking for
- 3+ years of experience
- Experience shipping at least one excellent iOS app, ideally currently available on the App Store
- Deep understanding of the iOS SDK
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Strong object-oriented and architectural skills
- Meticulous mindset but you also understand that software engineering is about making trade-offs, balancing business and technical needs
- Good communication skills, comfortable working in a team, and can easily work with non-technical colleagues
- Comfortable with the English language (written and spoken)
We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don't feel you match 100% of the job specifications!
Our Tech Stack
- Swift 5
- Circle CI
Why you should apply
- To work in a friendly and benevolent team, eager to teach and learn, that values successes and failures with the same humility
- Flexible remote policy and Full Remote from France accepted
- Access to very pleasant offices in the center of Paris
- Getting to learn from your peers and to share your knowledge on the blog and in our internal presentations every two weeks
- A ticket to one technical conference of your choice each year
- Competitive salary, tickets restaurants, a good health insurance
- "Hack days" to experiment with new technologies and ideas as well as other team events
Linkedin, Twitter and/or Github usernames are appreciated!